Hey there music teacher. There’s a lot of negativity out there. I have an unrelenting missing to battle mission to battle teacher negativity and promote teacher happiness. I have teamed up with two of my fellow teacher authors to bring you…
A Habit To Make, A Habit To Break
A Habit To Break
You know what’s easy? Gossiping to/about other teachers, complaining the whole lunch day after day in the faculty lounge, posting rants on Facebook, fuming in your classroom, beating yourself up over every mistake, and on and on and on.
I am guilty. I am so guilty. It is easy to fall into this trap of negativity. Teaching is difficult. We’re overworked and underpaid and burned out.
But you know what? All of those negative things don’t lead me to a solution. And besides, there’s enough of all that negativity in the world already filling up social media feeds and faculty rooms. So I am breaking my habit of constant teacher negativity.
A Habit To Make
So what am I going to do about all this negativity? I am going to use social media for good and post about one thing I am happy about every day on Instagram this week. Annnnnd on Fridays every week thereafter, I will post at least one happy moment from the week.
The Challenge (Annnnnd Giveaway!)
Do you want to join me in posting happy music teacher moments on Instagram? Do you want a chance to win an awesome self care/happiness bundle of goodies? This week I am challenging you to post one happy music teacher moment Monday-Friday.
Here are the official rules of play:
- Follow me – @musicwithmissw on Instagram
- Take a picture of something that makes you happy as a music teacher and tell me why it makes you happy
- Use the hashtag #happymusicteacher
- Tag me in your posts so I don’t miss your happy moments!
- Each post(Monday 10/2/17 12:00AM EST-Friday 10/6/17 11:59PM EST) will get you one entry
One lucky winner will have the chance to win the following bundle of goodies:
- $10 TpT Giftcard so you can buy yourself sub plans & focus on taking care of yourself when you need it
- $5 Starbucks Giftcard so you can have a little pick-me-up when you need a happiness boost(or a caffeine boost)
- Smiley face binder clips to remind you to smile even when your day feels like a dumpster fire
- Hydration reminder sticky notes because staying hydrated is an important part of self care
- Soothing face mask because we all need to unwind at the end of the day
- Motivational Card to get you through the tough days
Want even more?
I’m thrilled to have a couple of my favorite music teacher authors joining us for this as well: Jennifer from The Yellow Brick Road and Elizabeth from Organized Chaos care deeply about self-care and they’re sharing habits they want to make and break. I encourage you to read their posts for more ideas and motivation, and enter their giveaways while you’re there. Here are their posts: